WiFi Best practices
When you sign up for the fiber optic services using QWK.net as your provider, we strongly encourage the use of WiFi best practices to optimize the crazy-fast fiber optic speeds! WiFi best practices include:
- The selection of a suitable router that will support fiber optic speeds. See our recommended router page.
- Place the router in a central location. If you’re house has multiple levels, place the router in the middle level.
- Avoid placing the router where there are multiple obstructions. The more obstructions the more degraded the signal becomes.
- More obstruction the worse and more degraded the signal is.
- If you live in an area that has a multiple wireless network signals, change the channel from the default setting on your WiFi devise to one that is less commonly used. This reduces congestion caused by neighboring wireless network signals.